Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Sweet Boys

Today turned out to be a wonderful day after all! It had just been one of those days that you just don't care to think about ever again. Vance had come home from work and was in a pretty good mood and so were both of the boys. The only problem was ME. As I was making dinner (a new recipe I was excited to try that turned out awesome!), Mason kept begging me to let him go outside and play. I finally told him that he could but he had to stay right by the window so I could watch him. A few minutes later I looked out the window and noticed a yellow flower laying there that I knew he must have picked from our attempted flower bed. I asked him in an angry voice if he picked the flower. His reply with much excitement was, "Yes I did and it's for you Sweetie! See, I will come and give it to you right now!" He ran as fast as he could to the top of the stairwell and with a huge grin on his face, handed me the flower and puckered up his lips for a nice, juicy kiss! It was the cutest thing ever! How could I possibly be grumpy after that?!



Then this evening as Vance and I were getting ready for bed, Vance came up to me and told me I had something on my face and to go look in the mirror. I walked in to find this on the mirror:



I got on the computer and looked up the word on dictionary.com.

Halcyon:
   1.  calm; peaceful; tranquil
   2.  rich; wealthy; prosperous
   3.  happy; joyful; carefree
synonyms:  serene, placid, pacific, untroubled

This is what I love about Vance. He ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS sees the good in me. I'm not saying any of these apply to me, (especially #2!) but no matter what the situation, Vance NEVER sees bad in me. Even if the bad is sincerely the truth and everyone knows it. Vance just simply doesn't see it. He's just to perfect. Perfectly in love with the luckiest woman in the world!

These are definitly attributes I would love to be known to have all the time. In my opinion, these are things I need to work on. :)  This is what he does to me. He makes me better. He makes me want to be better.

Thank you so much Vance! I LOVE YOU!!!!



Vance's birthday is this Saturday. I have a lot of planning to do!

1 comments:

Delahunty Family said...

Sounds like you have some great boys! So sweet!