Monday, April 28, 2008

Mason's New BeSt fRiEnD!

I have been working on this posting for weeks now, and I am just now finally getting around to posting it. So here is the updated version: So we got this kitten (pixi) about a month ago from Vance's family. It just so happens that the weekend we picked her up, was Easter weekend, so the whole family spent the weekend there. I was so glad that we had a couple of days to pick out which one we wanted for sure. There were four of them, and this one was the only one that was not afraid of Mason. All the others would see him and take off running in the other direction. But pixi not only wasn't afraid of him, she PLAYED with him, and it was adorable to watch! Half the time she wouldn't leave him alone. I knew this was the one I wanted! They are now best friends. It's either her following him around like she's his shadow, or just the opposite. She even wants to take baths with him! I have to make sure she is out of the bathroom during his bath, or I am litterally fighting to keep her from jumping into the water. Cats HATE water, right?? The first thing he says when we walk into the family room in the morning is "kitty cat!" as he's pointing around the room until he finally finds her. She is so gentle with him too, and I have to say, he's learning the whole "soft" thing pretty good now. One more great thing about her, is she has SILENCED our birds! I have been wanting to get rid of them for a while now because they used to always wake up the babies I watch all day due to their constant chirping. But ever since we got pixi, I can count on one hand the amount of times they have made a peep! It's so great! I feel bad for them though, so I still need to find them a better home. Anyway, pixi is a great addition to our home.

1 comments:

RABarrett said...

Oh my gosh, pixi is precious, I'm so glad Mason has a little friend, whatever you do just don't bring the cat to my house, it might end up being Maddy's snack. Sorry