I'm sure everyone can say how President Hinckley has touched their lives in some way or another. And if they can't, they sure missed out on something amazing in life. I have always had the dream of meeting this particular Prophet ever since I was around 12 years old. He has always touched my life in way that I can't describe. The first Prophet I remember was Ezra Taft Bensen. I remember just being devestated as a 10 or 11 year old when I found out he had passed away. Then President Hunter died shortly after becoming the Prophet. I remember when I heard that President Hinckley was going to be the next prophet, I wasn't sure what to think. I didn't feel like I knew him very well like I did President Bensen. And Pres. Hunter just came and went so quickly that there wasn't much of a chance for me to know him very well. But I have to say that President Hinckley quickly became my new favorite Prophet, and for me, he will be hard to beat. As I have been watching and listening to all the tributes that have been made to him, I have enjoyed reflecting back on all the amazing things he has done for the Church. I loved his attitude towards everything. His answers were always so simple, yet so effective. He was always positive about every obstacle with the Church that ever came up. He is truely a man for everyone to look up to. Whether they are a member of the Church or not. One of my favorite memories of him was at every talk he gave, when he was trying to make a point, or say something that was very impotant, he would raise his hand out infront of him with his fingers slightly curved, and he would move his hand up and down as he spoke. I loved that. To me, that was his trademark. His humor was something that everyone looked forward to also. He always made the crowd laugh with every talk he gave. He was just the cutest old man ever!!!! I truely wish I would of had the chance to have met him while here upon the earth, but I know I'll be able to someday. I can't imagine what a warm welcome he got as he was reunited with his wife. He was an amazing, amazing man. One that I will always remember. As my personal tribute to him, I am going to honor a challenge he gave just over two years ago. Towards the end of 2005, he gave the challenge to read the entire Book of Mormon by the end of the year. I gave an effort to take on that challenge, but my heart wasn't completely there, so I didn't make it. I have regretted it everyday since. I have tried and tried over and over again to set a goal to read the entire BoM and it always gets broken into pieces instead of all at once. I am going to take on that challenge starting today to have the Book of Mormon read by the end of April. I would like to invite everyone to do this challenge with me! What a better way to honor our beloved Prophet. I can't wait to get started!
Monday, January 28, 2008
A Tribute to President Gordon B. Hinckley
Posted by Vance and Kristy at 12:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Kristy? What was the name of that web site that Vance was telling me about? Thanks!
Have fun with your new camera!
Amber
It is www.istockphoto.com. Good luck with it. We are still waiting for the perfect pictures to post so we can get accepted. I think we have some good ones now, so we'll see what happens. Let me know what happens for you!
Thanks! How did you find out about this? Do you know anyone who does it? Good luck
Vance found out about it through a photographer that he did a loan for at work. So he just knows that person that does it. He said you can type in "freelance photography" in any search engine and it will come up with a buch of different websites. istockphoto is just the one he's looked into the most. By the way we REALLY want to enter into photography contests. So if you know of any, or know how to find out about them, PLEASE let me know. Thanks!
Post a Comment